Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from the Prevention Outsmart Diabetes Book that I've had a while now. I've made this with a variety of seasonal fruits. Per serving: 279 Cal, 10 gr of protein, 40 gr of carbs, 9 gr. of fat, 2 mg of chol, 4 gr fiber, 118 mg sodium. Incase you were curious about the nutritional info.
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 450. Coat a large ovenproof skillet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, toss the coarsely chopped apples with the sugar and lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg substitute, milk, oil, vanilla extract and nutmeg. Slowly whisk in the flour to form a smooth batter. Pour into the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes to set the batter. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temp to 350 and bake for 5 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Place apples on top of the pancake and serve immediately.