Recipe by CaliforniaGrown
What better breakfast than this big, puffy pancake with cherries and peaches straight from the oven? Developed by California Grown. See more recipes at http://californiagrown.org/cookbook/index.asp.
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup pitted halved Bing cherries
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Mix milk, flour, eggs, sugar and extract in a blender or in a large bowl with a whisk until well mixed.
- Place butter in a 9 or 10-inch frying pan (or ovenproof saute pan).
- Place pan in hot oven to melt butter.
- Remove pan with an oven mitt and tilt to coat bottom and sides with butter.
- Spread fruit in pan and pour egg mixture over fruit.
- Immediately return to oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and sift confectioners’ sugar over pancake.
- Cut into wedges and serve.