Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
What better breakfast than this big, puffy pancake with cherries and peaches straight from the oven? Developed by California Grown. See more recipes at http://californiagrown.org/cookbook/index.asp.
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup pitted halved Bing cherries
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Mix milk, flour, eggs, sugar and extract in a blender or in a large bowl with a whisk until well mixed.
- Place butter in a 9 or 10-inch frying pan (or ovenproof saute pan).
- Place pan in hot oven to melt butter.
- Remove pan with an oven mitt and tilt to coat bottom and sides with butter.
- Spread fruit in pan and pour egg mixture over fruit.
- Immediately return to oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and sift confectioners’ sugar over pancake.
- Cut into wedges and serve.