Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very good puffed pancake made with fresh fruit. Easy to make and delicious. The recipe comes from time life books, 1998.
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 firm ripe peaches or 2 nectarines, peeled,if desired,pitted and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries or 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, about
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the flour, granulated sugar, milk, and eggs, until throughly blended.
- Set aside.
- In a 10 to 12 inch heatproof (Oven Proof) frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the peaches or nectarines and cook, stirring often, until the fruit is hot and slightly softened,3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and scatter the berries over cooked fruit.
- Pour the egg mixture over the fruit in the pan and immediately put in the oven.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 18 minutes.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and sift confectioners sugar over the top.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- If desired, offer lemon wedges on the side.
This is a beautiful, elegant breakfast dish that would be perfect to serve to overnight guests or for a romantic Valentine's Brunch. Easy, yet delicious and very attractive with the bits of fruit. I used canned apricots and fresh strawberries since peaches & raspberries were not in season. Thank for a lovely breakfast!
We really liked this. My DH thought the fruit was a little sour, so next time I may sprinkle the fruit with sugar as I'm cooking it, before adding the batter. Thanks for a great recipe.