Recipe by Barb G.
Very good puffed pancake made with fresh fruit. Easy to make and delicious. The recipe comes from time life books, 1998.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This is a beautiful, elegant breakfast dish that would be perfect to serve to overnight guests or for a romantic Valentine's Brunch. Easy, yet delicious and very attractive with the bits of fruit. I used canned apricots and fresh strawberries since peaches & raspberries were not in season. Thank for a lovely breakfast!
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 firm ripe peaches or 2 nectarines, peeled,if desired,pitted and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries or 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, about
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat together the flour, granulated sugar, milk, and eggs, until throughly blended.
- Set aside.
- In a 10 to 12 inch heatproof (Oven Proof) frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the peaches or nectarines and cook, stirring often, until the fruit is hot and slightly softened,3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and scatter the berries over cooked fruit.
- Pour the egg mixture over the fruit in the pan and immediately put in the oven.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 18 minutes.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and sift confectioners sugar over the top.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- If desired, offer lemon wedges on the side.