Recipe by Elise and family
I like a light granola for a snack on its own (no milk, yogurt, etc.) and this is my favourite! It's easy to take a few bites and feel that both my sweet tooth and salt craving are satisfied. It's high in protein and easy to prepare. Hope you like!
- 2 cups millet, puffed
- 4 apricots, dried, chopped in small pieces
- 3 dates, pitted, chopped in small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons agave nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix millet and chopped fruit and seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add cinnamon and stir until blended inches.
- Melt butter and agave nectar in a pot, stirring, until runny.
- Pour onto dry mixture in bowl and stir until well-coated.
- Pour into a small pan, pat down with a spoon, and refrigerate. Or just leave it in the bowl and refrigerate. Enjoy!