Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Another Taste of Palm Springs - Tiempo de Los Ninos, an Auxiliary of Desert Hospital
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices white bread
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir in chiles and cheese.
- Spread butter on one side of each bread slice; cut each slice into 4 triangles.
- Arrange half of bread, buttered side out and cut side down, around edges of 9-inch pie plate and other half, buttered side down, in bottom.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until set.