Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great to serve at a brunch. I sprinkle mine with powdered sugar and top with a dollop of whipped cream just prior to serving. I found this recipe online some time ago and have used it several times.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large golden delicious apples, Peeled Cored & Thinly Sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, Packed
- powdered sugar (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Place butter in 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Place dish in oven until butter melts, about 5 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven.
- Place apple slice atop melted butter in dish.
- Return to oven and bake until apples begin to soften slightly and butter is bubbling and beginning to brown around edges of dish, about 10 minutes.
- Pour batter over apples in dish and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake pancake until puffed and brown, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with whipped cream, if desired.
- Serve with warm maple syrup on the side, if desired.
- Serve warm.