1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Original recipe is by Steve Brill.
My Private Note
cups or ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups ramps, leaves or 4 cups scallions, chopped
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 cups puffball mushrooms
- 3 (25 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 3 (25 1/2 ounce) cans homemade tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon broken bay leaf, tied in a spice bag
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely crumbled
- 1In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the ramp/scallions, onions, celery, garlic and mushrooms.
- 3Cook stirring until the onions are lightly browned, around 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large saucepot bring remaining ingredients to a boil over medium high heat.
- 5Add the sauteed veggies, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour, covered.
- 6Stir a few times to avoid burning.
- 7Remove spice bag and serve.
- 8This keeps 8 days in fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- 9**Rampis a wild leek.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puffball Marinara
Serving Size: 1 (3041 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.0
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1052.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: