Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is posted by request. Original recipe is by Steve Brill.
Make and share this Puffball Marinara recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups ramps, leaves or 4 cups scallions, chopped
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 cups puffball mushrooms
- 3 (25 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce or 3 (25 1/2 ounce) canshomemade tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon broken bay leaf, tied in a spice bag
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely crumbled
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the ramp/scallions, onions, celery, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook stirring until the onions are lightly browned, around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepot bring remaining ingredients to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add the sauteed veggies, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour, covered.
- Stir a few times to avoid burning.
- Remove spice bag and serve.
- This keeps 8 days in fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- **Rampis a wild leek.