Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Grilled salmon with a delicious cheese herb topping that puffs up when it cooks. Quick, easy and a family favorite.
- 6 salmon steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded gruyere or 1⁄2 cup emmenthaler cheese, about 2 oz
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange salmon steaks on a greased broiler pan, sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Broil 4-6 inches from heat, 6-8 minutes or until center is opaque.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and spread mixture evenly over the fish.
- Broil until lightly browned.
This was an awesome dish! Easy to make and VERY good! I didn't have fancy cheese, so I just used Mozerella and it was just fine!
Great topping! It was like magic watching it come out of the oven. I don't know what I was expecting but this was even better. I'm trying to think of more ways to use it.