1/1 Photo of Puff Puff
2 hrs 30 mins
Nigerian fried dough. Great recipe for a fried bread. I enjoy this recipe because it is quick to make and it is very rich. It is very easy for anyone to make this recipe. My family has had this recipe for a long time. But this is my version of the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add 2 tablespoon of sugar and the yeast to the water. Use a whisk to dissolve the mixture for about 2 minutes. Let the mixture sit for 7 minutes until it starts to bubble.
- 2Turn the mixture to a big bowl and add the remaining sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and mix well until dissolved.
- 3Sift the 6 cups of flour into the mixture and mix well with a whisk or a wooden spoon. Then you can begin to mix the mixture with your hand until all the bumps are smooth. Mix for about 4 minutes.
- 4When the mixture is smooth, cover with seran wrap and leave it at a warm area to rise for about an hour an hour and a half.
- 5Heat up the oil in a pot at medium heat for 15 minutes. Make sure that the oil is about 2 inches deep so that the puff puff dont end up being flat. When you are ready to fry the puff puff lower the heat for a minute.
- 6The puff puff mixture should be nice and risen. grab small amount fo the mixture with your hand and squeeze small balls through your thumb and index finger. The balls should rise to the top of the oil quickly. Raise the oil temperature so that the balls can brown. You want to cook these balls for about 3 minutes each or maybe 4 minutes so that the inside gets cooked properly. If you dont want to use your hand to make the balls , you can use a small ice cream scoop. Remember to lower the oil temperature between each fry. Also turn them around frequently so they brown all over. Drain them on a paper towel. and leave to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- 7They taste best with coke or sprite or any soda you might have.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puff Puff
Serving Size: 1 (953 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6485.5
- Calories from Fat 5268
- Total Fat 585.4 g
- Saturated Fat 43.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2352.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 291.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 92.7 g
- Protein 34.4 g