Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An appetizer that is fit for any large gathering with rich creamy brie and the sweet addition of raisins and maple syrup. A golden crust of puff pastry makes this a favourite for entertaining. Be sure to use real maple syrup when making this. Tip: Wrap prepared brie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours before baking. Source of recipe: Longo's Experience Magazine
- In a bowl, stir together walnuts, raisins and maple syrup until combined well and set aside.
- On lightly floured work surface roll out puff pastry to about a 12-inch circle.
- Using a large serrated knife, cut brie in half crosswise into two circles. Separate brie and spoon walnut mixture onto one of the circles.
- Top with remaining circle.
- Place stuffed brie in centre of pastry and fold pastry over top overlapping each piece decoratively to cover brie.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Allow wrapped brie to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.