Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
An appetizer that is fit for any large gathering with rich creamy brie and the sweet addition of raisins and maple syrup. A golden crust of puff pastry makes this a favourite for entertaining. Be sure to use real maple syrup when making this. Tip: Wrap prepared brie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours before baking. Source of recipe: Longo's Experience Magazine
- 300 g brie round
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sultana raisin
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 (500 g) package puff pastry, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, stir together walnuts, raisins and maple syrup until combined well and set aside.
- On lightly floured work surface roll out puff pastry to about a 12-inch circle.
- Using a large serrated knife, cut brie in half crosswise into two circles. Separate brie and spoon walnut mixture onto one of the circles.
- Top with remaining circle.
- Place stuffed brie in centre of pastry and fold pastry over top overlapping each piece decoratively to cover brie.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Allow wrapped brie to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.