This recipe comes from an old 1980's cookbook from Bogota, Colombia. This is a really simple dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide the puff pastry into 2 equal parts.
- 2On a floured work surface, roll out 1 piece of the dough so that it is not too thin, but will cover a 8 x 8 inch baking dish (sides and bottom); grease pan and place rolled out puff pastry in dish.
- 3Rinse spinach and cook, over medium heat, with salt, for about 5 minutes to wilt; remove, drain, and chop spinach.
- 4In a bowl, combine spinach with cheese and spread the spinach mixture over the pastry in the baking dish; quarter the cooked eggs and scatter them over the spinach.
- 5On a floured work surface, roll out other piece of pastry and place over spinach mixture; use a fork to seal like a crust.
- 6Beat egg with sugar and brush over outer crust.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.
- 8Serve with meat.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puff Pastry Stuffed With Spinach and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 153.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: