Recipe by Mille®
Posted in response to a request for a recipe for homemade puff pastry sheets.
Top Review by Ransomed by Fire
This was my first time making puff pastry, and it was easy enough, but I'm not sure I did it right. The final product seemed okay, but it was a little hard to work with (pretty sticky) and didn't have very much flavor. I was kind of surprised since there was so much butter in it. There is a chance though, that I may have used too much flour since my scale is cheap and teans to work a little randomly.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl; add the lemon juice and the butter broken into pieces the size of a walnut.
- Add sufficient cold water to bind the ingredients together.
- Turn on to a floured board, and roll the pastry into a long strip.
- Fold it in three, and press the edges together.
- Half turn the pastry, rib it with the rolling pin to equalize the air in it, and again roll it into a strip.
- Fold in three and repeat this until the pastry has had four rolls, folds and half-turns.
- It is then ready for use.