Recipe by keeney
Canadian Living, December 2005 Puff pastry grams weren't specified - just said 1 package so I've guessed ...
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 500 g puff pastry, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat 1 egg until frothy, then blend in sausage, bread crumbs, parsley, onions and garlic. Set aside.
- Unroll pastry on lightly floured surface, then cut crosswise into three 10X3 1/2 inch strips. Brush with mustard.
- Spoon approximately 1/3 of the sausage mix lengthwise down centre of each puff pastry strip. Fold long sides over to cover fillings and slightly overlap. Press edges to seal.
- Arrange rolls, seam side down, on pan. Cover and freeze until firm (approx. 15 min.) Cut each roll crosswise into 8 pieces. Space about 1 inch apart.
- In small bowl whisk remaining egg with 1 tablespoons water, then brush rolls.
- Bake at 425 for approximately 20 minutes.