1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I make these as weekend snacks and for parties, I strongly suggest to double the recipe if you are making these for a party. To save some time prepare the sausage mixture up to 24 hours in advance. These are simply delicious, and not hard to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a large baking sheet.
- 2In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs and milk; let stand until the milk is absorbed (about 5 minutes).
- 3Transfer to a processor, and add in sausage meat, onion 1 egg, garlic and oregano; using on/off turns, process until blended.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Unfold the pastry sheet onto a floured surface.
- 6Roll out into a 20x10-inch rectangle.
- 7Cut pastry crosswise into 10x4-inch strips (I use a pizza cutter for this!).
- 8Brush each strip with beaten egg.
- 9Spoon 1/3 of the sausage mixture in narrow strip lengthwise down the center of each pastry strip.
- 10Fold the long sides in covering the filling and overlapping slightly.
- 11Transfer and arrange the rolls seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- 12Cover and chill until rolls are set (at least 1 hour).
- 13Set oven to 425°F.
- 14Cut each roll crosswise into 8 pieces.
- 15Separate pieces on the baking sheet.
- 16Brush with remaining beaten egg.
- 17Bake until rolls are puffed and golden (about 20-22 minutes).
- 18Serve warm with heated marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (817 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g