1/2 Photos of Puff Pastry Quiche Lorraine
1 hr 15 mins
Please use only Swiss cheese for this recipe, I have made the mistake of using another kind of cheese and it just doesn't work! Purchase a 14-ounce (397 gram) package of puff pastry, and use half for this recipe. The original recipe for this does not call for garlic, but I like to add it in... of course, it is optional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (14 ounce) package frozen puff pastry (use half of a 397 gram)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 fresh minced garlic cloves (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (can use more if desired)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees (will reduce oven temperature later).
- 2Prepare a 9-inch (deep-dish) pie plate.
- 3In a frypan, melt butter and saute onion and garlic (if using) until soft.
- 4In a large bowl, combine eggs, whipping cream and spices; beat until very well combined.
- 5Roll out pastry to fit the pie plate.
- 6Sprinkle the onion/garlic mixture into the bottom of the pie shell, then chopped bacon then top with grated cheese.
- 7Carefully pour the egg mixture on top.
- 8Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to 300 degrees, and bake for about another 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puff Pastry Quiche Lorraine
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.4
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 274.9 mg
- Sodium 335.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.0 g