Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from the Dallas Morning News and decided to try it. My rolls looked a little messy, but the recipe is easy and they taste yummy!
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Unfold pastry sheets.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over pastry.
- Sprinkle pecans over pastry.
- Roll up each pastry, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side (hold the dough firmly and roll rightly so the dough does not sag).
- Pinch seam to seal. With a sharp knife cut the dough into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine last four ingrediants for icing until smoot; drizzle to spread over rolls.