Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
So simple and yet perfect as party food. There is no effort involved.
- 2 sheets premade puff pastry
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pesto sauce
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40 thin asparagus tips, only
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- extra virgin olive oil, to sprinkle
- rock salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease two baking sheets.
- Roll out each piece of pastry on a flat surface and cut each one into 2in square pieces - ending up with about 40 squares. Place the squares on two large, greased baking sheets about 1in apart to allow for the pastry to puff up.
- Place ½ tsp pesto in the middle of each square and place half a cherry tomato on top.
- Top with a little more pesto and lay across an asparagus tip.
- Sprinkle a little grated parmesan and a little olive oil over each one.
- Season well and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the cheese has melted.
I made this for a work party appetizer and everyone loved 'em! They were easy to eat with your hands and looked neat. Plus, who doesn't love pesto!?