Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, versatile and quick appetizers. Great to make ahead, also. I never measure out the quantities of the toppings, but have given estimates of what I might use.
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or 4 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic granules or 1 -2 tablespoon granulated onion or 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning or 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley or 1 -2 tablespoon basil or 1 -2 tablespoon poppy seeds or 1 -2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Thaw pastry 20-30 minutes of until soft enough to open sheets without cracking dough.
- Brush with melted butter or oil and sprinkle with desired seasonings.
- Repeat with second sheet.
- Good combinations include:.
- Butter, Parmesan Cheese and parsley.
- Olive oil, Parmesan and fresh basil.
- Canola oil, Cajun Seasoning and salt.
- Butter, poppy seeds, freshly grated lemon peel.
- Canola oil mixed with Sesame Oil, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Cut into various shapes (use a different shape for each flavor/seasoning).
- Place on cookie sheets lightly sprayed with vegetable cooking spray and refrigerate at least 20-30 minutes or until chilled.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Can be made ahead up to 24 hours, covered to prevent drying out, then baked when ready to serve.