Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are best served warm out of the oven. This is a double recipe for 16 pastries, you can cut the recipe in half and use just one puff pastry sheet for 8 pastries if desired.
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry (thawed according to package directions)
- 1 cup apricot jam, melted (melt just enough to make spreading easy)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (you will most likely need two baking sheets for 16 pastries).
- Roll out one puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface into a 12x10-inch rectangle, then cut in half lengthwise (I use a pizza cutter for this).
- Cut each half crosswise into four 5x3-inch strips (for a total of 8 strips).
- Spread each strip with about 1/2 tablespoon apricot jam, then fold the strips in half lengthwise to form 1-1/2-inch wide strips.
- Twist each strip 3 times, then place on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining puff pastry (you should have 16 pastries when done, you might have to use two baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the twists to a rack.
- In a small bowl whisk together confectioners sugar, whipping cream and lemon juice; brush over the warm pastries.
This is one of my family`s favorite.Everytime I make they are easily and quick disappears so I have to double the recipe. I put some different fillings like pudding,cherries since I have lot of self-made preserves fruit jellys,fruit jams.Thanks for sharing this recipe.