Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are best served warm out of the oven. This is a double recipe for 16 pastries, you can cut the recipe in half and use just one puff pastry sheet for 8 pastries if desired.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
I was SO confused when I saw the title of these and then the photos.... I was reading the method over and over and thinking "it's telling me to twist...?" - but I made them as the recipe stated (even got a tape measure out to measure the 5x3 inch strips!) and they turned out great. Perfect amount of flaky pastry to apricot flavour. These are super addictive and very tasty; will definitely be making them again and might even try different flavour jams!
- 1 (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry (thawed according to package directions)
- 1 cup apricot jam, melted (melt just enough to make spreading easy)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (you will most likely need two baking sheets for 16 pastries).
- Roll out one puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface into a 12x10-inch rectangle, then cut in half lengthwise (I use a pizza cutter for this).
- Cut each half crosswise into four 5x3-inch strips (for a total of 8 strips).
- Spread each strip with about 1/2 tablespoon apricot jam, then fold the strips in half lengthwise to form 1-1/2-inch wide strips.
- Twist each strip 3 times, then place on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining puff pastry (you should have 16 pastries when done, you might have to use two baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the twists to a rack.
- In a small bowl whisk together confectioners sugar, whipping cream and lemon juice; brush over the warm pastries.