Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Posted per request
Make and share this Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add cream cheese, cinnamon, and vanilla; stir until smooth; remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface.
- Spread pastry with half of the cinnamon-cream cheese mixture.
- Roll puff pastry into a log; repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet and filling; refrigerate logs 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°; cut each log into 6 slices; place slices on prepared sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread cream cheese frosting over warm rolls.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
My son woke up this morning asking for cinnamon rolls, I had puff pastry and found this great recipe. We loved them. However, like GoodnPlentiful, my didn't come out completely cooked. Though they look perfect. I followed instructions exactly, but thawed 10 minutes more, according to the box of pastry, so 40 min. rather than 30 in recipe. Next time, I'll cook at a lower temp for a little longer. Loved it, thanks!
I bet this GoodnPlentiful person didn't thaw her frozen puff pastry.
I loved the ease of this recipe but these never cooked all the way through even after baking for over 25 minutes at 375F. They appeared to be done (golden brown) but were nearly raw in the middle. BUT....I will say that they were still quite delicious. The not-too-sweet filling made these gooey and lovely though I can't imagine they are supposed to be *that* doughy. Would definitely make again but adjust baking time to 30 min or more.