Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Posted per request
Top Review by mommyfood
My son woke up this morning asking for cinnamon rolls, I had puff pastry and found this great recipe. We loved them. However, like GoodnPlentiful, my didn't come out completely cooked. Though they look perfect. I followed instructions exactly, but thawed 10 minutes more, according to the box of pastry, so 40 min. rather than 30 in recipe. Next time, I'll cook at a lower temp for a little longer. Loved it, thanks!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add cream cheese, cinnamon, and vanilla; stir until smooth; remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface.
- Spread pastry with half of the cinnamon-cream cheese mixture.
- Roll puff pastry into a log; repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet and filling; refrigerate logs 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°; cut each log into 6 slices; place slices on prepared sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread cream cheese frosting over warm rolls.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.