Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe stuffed in my recipe drawer. I do not remember where it came from.
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 lb) package puff pastry
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat eggs and put in pie plate or baking dish.
- Dip both sides of defrosted dough in beaten eggs and dredge lightly in herb-cheese mix.
- Place seasoned sheets of dough on waxed paper and using a pastry wheel, cut into 6" X 1" strips.
- Twist dough strips into spiral shape and place about 1" apart on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake cheese sticks in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Very tasty and easy to make. I am not sure how puff pastry is bought and if there are different forms available but ours comes in a thick rectangle that needs to be rolled out. So adding this might help a new cook unfamilar with this product. Made for Prop it Up tag Feb 2009