1/1 Photo of Puff Pastry Cheese and Preserve Danish
A recipe I found at FoodTV site for Danish recipes. Posting it for ZWT6. Sounds wonderful!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl combine the mascarpone, egg yolk, sugar, flour and vanilla. Stir until just combined and then set aside.
- 3Dust the puff pastry with flour and roll with a rolling pin to flatten and smooth.
- 4Place the puff pastry on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Schmear the mascarpone down the middle of the puff pastry lengthwise into a 3-inch wide strip. Spoon the fruit preserves on top of the mascarpone.
- 5Using sharp kitchen shears cut the long sides of the pastry into 1-inch wide strips. Cut towards the cheese filling but stop about 1-inch before you get to the filling. This result will look like fringy pastry. Alternating sides, fold 1 piece of the fringe over the cheese and jelly mixture. The result will look like a braided pastry with fruit preserve peeking through. Brush the dough with the beaten egg yolk mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on a rack for at least 15-20 minutes before serving. Cut into strips to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puff Pastry Cheese and Preserve Danish
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.2
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.4 mg
- Sodium 149.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: