Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
A great little snack to serve to guests, and so simple! You can vary the garnish as you like. (In S A I might also use grated biltong or chopped peppadews as a garnish). Number of servings is a guess, because it will depend on the size of your cookie cutter. A star shape is very pretty.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cream (375 ml)
- 7 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated (220 g)
Puff Pastry Bottoms
- 14 ounces puff pastry, defrosted and rolled neatly (400 g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- black sesame seed (optional)
- finely chopped chives (or spring onions or bacon bits)
- Heat oven to 400 deg F/ 200 deg Celsius.
- Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface. If necessary, roll slightly thinner.
- With a cookie cutter (use any shape you like) cut out shapes until you have used up all the pastry.
- Brush the pastry shapes with beaten egg, and sprinkle with black sesame seeds if using.
- Transfer to a baking tin, and bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden, about 5 - 7 minutes, depending on size: do keep a watch.
- Whip the cream until stiff, then fold in the grated parmesan.
- When the pastry shapes have cooled, pipe or spoon a little parmesan cream on each, and garnish to taste.