Chris Reynolds's Note:
Sometimes you just need a good puff pastry recipe . . .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour and salt together into a bowl. Make a well in the middle, add the lemon juice, and stir with a knife, adding enough cold water to make an elastic dough.
- 2Place on a floured board and knead for five minutes until the dough is smooth and doesn't stick to your fingers.
- 3Roll the dough into a rectangle large enough to cover the butter. Put the butter in the middle of the dough and fold the dough ends over the butter.
- 4Flatten the dough with a rolling pin, then roll out gently (so the butter does not come through the dough) into a long strip.
- 5Fold the ends of the dough towards the middle, forming three layers. Press down gently. Let pastry rest in a cool place for 15 minutes.
- 6Place the pastry on a floured surface with the unsealed edge towards you. Roll and fold as before. Turn and repeat three more times.
- 7Leave the pastry to rest in a cool place for 10 minutes.
- 8Place the pastry on a floured surface with the unsealed edge towards you as before. Roll and fold again, turning and repeating three more times, as before.
- 9The pastry is now ready for use. Use in your favorite recipe.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2538.8
- Calories from Fat 1679
- Total Fat 186.5 g
- Saturated Fat 116.9 g
- Cholesterol 488.0 mg
- Sodium 2475.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 191.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g