Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sometimes you just need a good puff pastry recipe . . .
Make and share this Puff Pastry recipe from Food.com.
- Sift the flour and salt together into a bowl. Make a well in the middle, add the lemon juice, and stir with a knife, adding enough cold water to make an elastic dough.
- Place on a floured board and knead for five minutes until the dough is smooth and doesn't stick to your fingers.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle large enough to cover the butter. Put the butter in the middle of the dough and fold the dough ends over the butter.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin, then roll out gently (so the butter does not come through the dough) into a long strip.
- Fold the ends of the dough towards the middle, forming three layers. Press down gently. Let pastry rest in a cool place for 15 minutes.
- Place the pastry on a floured surface with the unsealed edge towards you. Roll and fold as before. Turn and repeat three more times.
- Leave the pastry to rest in a cool place for 10 minutes.
- Place the pastry on a floured surface with the unsealed edge towards you as before. Roll and fold again, turning and repeating three more times, as before.
- The pastry is now ready for use. Use in your favorite recipe.