Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
great for entertaining
- 4 puff pastry sheets (each pkg has 2 sheets)
- 4 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1 lb part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- defrost pastry sheets according to package directions.
- in a bowl, combine riccotta, spinach, mushrooms and peppers.
- cut pastry sheets into 9x9 sections.
- in each square, place a spoonfull of the filling mixture, fold over pastry and pinch together to make a pillow like shape. make sure you fold one side over the other to keep the filling in while you bake. HINT: If the pastry won't stick, wet your fingers with water.
- place folded pastries on parchment paper on a cookie sheet or just a well greased cookie sheet. HINT: don't use wax paper, pastries will stick.
- brush each square with eggwash. 1 egg blended well with 1 tbs of water.
- bake at 375 for 10-20 or until pastry starts to brown.
- If you have leftover filling, it bakes well with pasta, mozzarella cheese and a red pasta sauce.