Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Growing up, a stew wasn't finished until these dumplings were put on top.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening until well blended.
- Stir in parsley (if using) and milk.
- Drop small spoonfuls onto stew approximately 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Cover and cook until puffed and dry on the inside.
- Serve and enjoy!