Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very tasty recipe. I had to adapt it a little, my hubby is a white boy from PA and is not used to latin food. Serve with red beans and ripe plantains.
- 4 -7 chicken pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sofrito sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- In a 5 qt pot, heat olive oil and sofrito.
- Add chicken, cook until light golden.
- Add water, sazon, adobo, chicken bouillon, tomato paste and cilantro.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done.
- When chicken is done, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add rice to same water you cooked chicken inches
- Cook rice as normal.
- When done, add chicken and cover. Leave for about 10 minutes.
- garnish with cilantro leaves. You can also add roasted bell peppers for garnish.
You go girl. This is exactly how I make my recipe being a boricua as well. The only suggestion I have is you should maybe add some chorizo, ham and some olives. I also cook it with beer.