This is a very tasty recipe. I had to adapt it a little, my hubby is a white boy from PA and is not used to latin food. Serve with red beans and ripe plantains.
- In a 5 qt pot, heat olive oil and sofrito.
- Add chicken, cook until light golden.
- Add water, sazon, adobo, chicken bouillon, tomato paste and cilantro.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done.
- When chicken is done, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add rice to same water you cooked chicken inches
- Cook rice as normal.
- When done, add chicken and cover. Leave for about 10 minutes.
- garnish with cilantro leaves. You can also add roasted bell peppers for garnish.