1/5 Photos of Puerto Rican Style Pernil (Roast Pork)
6 hrs 15 mins
Pernil is roasted pork shoulder, seasoned to the max. It is served with rice and beans or sweet plantains. Cold Pernil is sliced thin paired with Swiss cheese, pickles and ham to make the famous Cuban sandwich. I found this recipe online and have made it twice now. I love it and so does my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix garlic, salt and oregano.
- 2With a sharp knife make deep cuts in to the pork only on meat side,and stuff the garlic mixture into the slits.
- 3The more cuts the better the flavor.
- 4Sprinkle the other seasoning the Adobo and the Sazon all over the outside.
- 5Then rub the seasonings in making sure the entire surface is covered.
- 6Roast the Pork in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 4-6 hours uncovered in a pan with a rack.
- 7Roast the pork skin side down for the first 2 hours and then turn skin side up for the remaining time.
- 8Pork should be well done and tender.
- 9Make sure all juices run clear before removing from oven.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerto Rican Style Pernil (Roast Pork)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.7
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 268.3 mg
- Sodium 633.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 65.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: