Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A quick, easy and delicious one-pot meal from Joel Rodriguez, executive chef at San Juan's Ajili Mojili.
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, medium, seeded and cut into cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 onion, small. peeled and quartered
- 1 small tomato, cored and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, for garnish (divided use)
- 1⁄2 cubanelle pepper, seeded and cubed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, skin removed (two breast halves, bone-in)
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup beer (may substitute wine or stock)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup pimiento, slicd (sweet)
- Place bell pepper, garlic, onion, tomato, 1/2 cup cilantro and cubanelle pepper in a blender or food processor; blend until mixed (you have now made sofrito).
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and saute 1 minute.
- Add the beer, sofrito (vegetable mixture) and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer, lower the heat and cook 15 minutes. Do not let the liquid come to a boil.
- Add the peas and pimentos and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and serve.
Tasty chicken dish. Will make again. Made for Newest Zarr.