Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice and hearty addition to white rice.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (or your preference)
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sofrito sauce (see my recipe for it, or buy Goya store bought)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope sazon goya, powder
- 1 cup water
- diced ham (optional)
- 6 -10 pitted green olives (optional)
- Add olive oil and add sofrito heat through for 1 minute.
- Add olives, beans, Sazon packet, tomato sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Add water.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes at medium heat, you want bean stew to thicken slightly.
- Serve with yellow or white rice.
Delicious!!!! I'm always on the look out for vegan bean dishes and this fit the bill. I did not add the ham, but did use the olives. Over yellow rice, YUM!!!!
These are VERY good. I omitted the olives. I also sprinkled them with a little Adobo and garlic powder. So easy to make.