Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in one of Steven Raichlen's grilling cookbooks. It's a very versatile seasoning you can use in beans,rice, stews, meats and casseroles.
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.
Mixed this up and used some in black bean salsa and put some in Arroz con Pollo y Gondules (chicken and rice). Just the easiest spice blend. Made for Football Playoffs 2013.
Easy to throw together and very good on our pan fried potatoes tonight! If you like cumin (I do!), you'll love this. I made 1/2 the recipe and it should last for a while. Made for Newest Zaar tag game. Thanks linguinelisa! :)