Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Directly from San Juan. Rich and fudgy.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces, melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely broken
- unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves (for decoration)
- Cream butter and sugar, and beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add melted chocolate, coffee and rum extract.
- Add flour and walnut pieces, and mix.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Top with walnut halves.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes.
Excellent. My wife loves this...and my son devours it.