Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a Puerto Rican dish that really has a great flavor, tangy/sweet/salty.
- 1 (1 -2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 cup frozen tamarind pulp, thawed
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups canned beef broth
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- TO PREPARE: Bring all sauce ingredients to simmer in a medium nonreactive saucepan, stirring to break up the tamarind pulp. Simmer to blend flavors, about 3 minutes. Strain sauce through a fine sieve into a medium nonreactive bowl. Press on the pulp and seeds to release their liquid; discard solids. (Can be cooled, covered, and refrigerated overnight.).
- Season tenderloin with salt, pepper, and oregeno. Follow Recipe #222625 to cook your pork tenderloin.
- Serve with warmed tamarind sauce.