Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
The food columnist of our local newspaper attended a Cinco De Mayo party where this delicious pudding was served. She couldn't help but have three servings! Shredded coconut and coconut milk make this recipe tropical and special.
- Cook the rice with water according to package directions until the liquid has just been absorbed (rice will not be thoroughly cooked). Remove from heat.
- Warm the three milks with the cinnamon stick, cloves and ginger over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the milk, raisins and shredded coconut to the rice and simmer until the rice is soft, about 10-15 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Pour the rice into a low serving dish or platter. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired.
- Can be served warm or cold.
wonderfully delicious...I had a recipe similar but misplaced it and I needed to make some for our church's New Year's Eve party so I found this one and loved the results.