Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
The food columnist of our local newspaper attended a Cinco De Mayo party where this delicious pudding was served. She couldn't help but have three servings! Shredded coconut and coconut milk make this recipe tropical and special.
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (pref. Coco Lopez)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice with water according to package directions until the liquid has just been absorbed (rice will not be thoroughly cooked). Remove from heat.
- Warm the three milks with the cinnamon stick, cloves and ginger over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the milk, raisins and shredded coconut to the rice and simmer until the rice is soft, about 10-15 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and cloves.
- Pour the rice into a low serving dish or platter. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired.
- Can be served warm or cold.