Raquel Grinnell's Note:
The food columnist of our local newspaper attended a Cinco De Mayo party where this delicious pudding was served. She couldn't help but have three servings! Shredded coconut and coconut milk make this recipe tropical and special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the rice with water according to package directions until the liquid has just been absorbed (rice will not be thoroughly cooked). Remove from heat.
- 2Warm the three milks with the cinnamon stick, cloves and ginger over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Add the milk, raisins and shredded coconut to the rice and simmer until the rice is soft, about 10-15 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and cloves.
- 4Pour the rice into a low serving dish or platter. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired.
- 5Can be served warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerto Rican Rice Pudding (arroz Con Dulce)
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.5
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 57.2 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: