A simple appetizer or snack. Very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel plantains and slice into 1 inch thick sections.
- 2Place water, salt and garlic in a large baking pan.
- 3Soak the plantain slices in the garlic mixture for 20 minutes.
- 4Pour oil in a pan set at 365 degrees.
- 5Fry plantains until they are golden brown on all sides.
- 6Flatten each plantain between sheets of wax paper with a plate or the palm of your hand.
- 7Dip flattened plantains into garlic mixture and place on a paper towl.
- 8Place plantains into the oil once again and fry until crispy and golden brown.
- 9Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- 10Serve promptly after frying for best taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerto Rican Plantain Tostones
Serving Size: 1 (1733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 311.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g