Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I tried this recipe at an international food festival several years ago and simply loved the flavor. The cheese and guava paste go very well together.
- 1 (22 ounce) can guava paste, cut into 1 inch cubes (you can find this in a Latin American store)
- 1 (16 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 20 toothpicks
- Skewer one cube of the guava paste and one cube of cheddar cheese on a toothpick.
- Repeat with the remaining guava paste and cheddar cheese cubes.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Guava paste and cheddar cheese...you sure seem to know a lot about my likes and dislikes. How'd ya know?
I've made these many times. You can place them atop Ritz crackers as well!