Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fast,cheap and easy.Great for a big family or party.
- 6 chicken legs or 6 chicken thighs
- 2 (8 ounce) cans salt-free tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 16 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups of uncooked white rice
- In a large pot add tomato sauce, water,garlic and salt.
- Skin chicken (if desired) add to pot.
- Cook over medium heat for one hour.
- (or until chicken is done).
- Cook rice to liking.
- Pour sauce over chicken and rice and serve.
This was absolutely awful! is there an option less than 1 star? When my husband chose it for dinner I thought the measurements looked a little off. I would make it with 2 TEASPOONS of garlic and 1 TEASPOON of salt. It was too incredibly salty and gross and I was almost counting on a heart attack for somebody that night.
I have 5 kids a husband that eats for 3 and a mom to feed so this is GREAT!
This recipe is so fast and so easy to make, just like the recipe said. The only thing, I did was to add, about a tablespoon of fresh garlic to it, and it gave, it a better flavor to it.