Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
rice green peppers carrots
Make and share this Puerto Rican Chicken Soup recipe from Food.com.
- in large stock pot heat oil
- add onion, carrots and green pepper, saute
- add rice, chili and pepper, saute
- add garlic, saute
- add water, garlic powder, tomato sauce, chicken, bay leaf and vinegar.
- cook for 1 hour covered until chicken is done.
- take chicken out and debone add chunks of chicken back inches.
- remove bay leaves.
So, I'm sick and in the hospital, but my husband has been cooking for the ZWT9 challenges and for himself and our kids. They really enjoyed this meal and he said it was easy to prepare. I will definitely be making this for our family when I get home and recooperated. Thanks Dienia B. Made for team Tasty Testers during ZWT9.
This was a very nice, however the instructions didn't quite match up with the ingredients list and I ended up with a very spicy soup. Made for ZWT 9 for the Tasty Testers.