Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is very simple to make and it’s just a warm and satisfying meal on a cold or rainy day.
Make and share this Puerto Rican Chicken Noodle Soup (Sopas De Pollo Y Fideos) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole chicken, cut in pieces
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (1 reserved)
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons sofrito sauce
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 large potato, cube
- sazon goya con culantro y achiote, 1 package
- Rub the chicken with salt, pepper and oregano and one tablespoon olive oil and set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a large heavy pot sauté the sofrito, onions and celery with remaining olive oil, for 5 minutes over medium-low heat. Brown the chicken pieces to seal in their flavor. Add the chicken stock or water to the chicken and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Raise the heat and bring to a boil once more; add carrots, potatoes, sazon and bay leaf. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, until carrot and potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. During the last 5 – 10 , minutes add the angel hair and cook until pasta is done.