Recipe by kitchenslave03
Slow cooker recipe from Food and Wine. Haven't tried it yet, but it has all the flavors I love. You could use all drumsticks or all thighs. The author does not recommend breasts due to the dryness factor. Sounds like it would be good topped with fresh cilantro (never too much cilantro for me) and sliced scallions.
- 6 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 6 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups cilantro leaves, packed
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 large jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- steamed rice, and lime wedges for serving
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and the cumin. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree the cilantro, garlic, jalapenos, onion, bell peppers, and wine with 2 T of the olive oil. Transfer to slow cooker and stir in the stock. Add the chicken and potatoes. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, shifting the potatoes and chicken and few times, or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges, drizzled with a bit of oil.