Recipe by Michelle Figueroa
My husband made this for me and it is very good! Enjoy!
Top Review by kyoshichef
Just finished cooking and eating your Carne Guisada recipe, and from my wife's lips to this email...."My tongue is dancing!" It was a truly delicious meal. I did change a few things: I cooked it for 45 minutes (the carrots and potatoes were cooked through perfectly, added the ingredients as the beef slowly cooked. And I never really measure my spices, I cook to taste, so I simply eye it. Put it over jazmine rice, and wow!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 sazon goya con culantro y achiote
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 2 -3 carrots (optional)
- 6 manzanilla olives
- 1 teaspoon capers (alcaparrado)
- 1 large cooking spoon sofrito sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried, crushed in hand
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups water
- 4 small ears of corn (the small NIblets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in deep pot.
- Season meat with 1/2 tablespoon adobo.
- Quickly brown meat.
- Add water and cook for one hour at medium heat.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Cook another 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce has thickened a bit.