Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light magazine, Aug. 2007. This from Olga Fuste who wrote "Diabetic Cooking for Latinos" published by the ADA. This recipe goes well with rice and beans and fish tacos according to the blurb in the magazine. A serving size is 3/4 of a cup according to the recipe notes. If you use pre-shredded carrots and cabbage, this comes together in a snap.
- 7 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine juice and remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
- Drizzle juice mixture over cabbage; toss well to combine.
- Cover and chill 15 minutes.