Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my favorite stew. Back home it is served with grainy, yummy white rice.
Make and share this Puerto Rican Beef Stew (Carne Guisada) recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 907.18 g trimmed beef top round steak, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 59.14 ml sofrito sauce (or to taste)
- 6 fresh cilantro leaves
- 946.36 ml water (or more)
- 1 beef bouillon
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml whole dried oregano, crushed
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 14.79 ml salt
- 226.79 g carrot, cut into rounds
- 226.79 g potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 stalk celery, cut into rounds
- salt (to taste)
- In a large caldero or pot, heat oil, add sofrito and culantro leaves.
- Add meat and stir constantly, cook until meat looses red color. Add water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery and salt.
- Cook for about 2 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning. Boil uncover to thicken sauce.
- Note: if more seasoning is needed you can add Adobo to taste.
- Serve with white rice.
Cooking Directions are Flawed. When does a person add all the other items in the list of ingredients? How could you forget to include in the Directions when to add all of the ingredients? I had to guess when to add: Beef Bouillon; Dried Oregano; Tomato Sauce, and Bay Leaves. Really Bad Job with the Directions. I hope the Stew comes out right, I have 2 hours to wait. And hopefully I added the above items when I was supposed to!
this is the best mi tryit and you cant compare it with any other thankyou santos de jesus
Very good recipe. Thank you for posting.