1/2 Photos of Puerto Rican Beef Stew (Carne Guisada)
2 hrs 45 mins
This is my favorite stew. Back home it is served with grainy, yummy white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 907.18 g trimmed beef top round steak, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 59.14 ml sofrito sauce (or to taste)
- 6 fresh cilantro leaves
- 946.36 ml water (or more)
- 1 beef bouillon
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml whole dried oregano, crushed
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 14.79 ml salt
- 226.79 g carrot, cut into rounds
- 226.79 g potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 stalk celery, cut into rounds
- salt (to taste)
- 1In a large caldero or pot, heat oil, add sofrito and culantro leaves.
- 2Add meat and stir constantly, cook until meat looses red color. Add water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook.
- 3Add carrots, potatoes, celery and salt.
- 4Cook for about 2 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning. Boil uncover to thicken sauce.
- 5Note: if more seasoning is needed you can add Adobo to taste.
- 6Serve with white rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerto Rican Beef Stew (Carne Guisada)
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 1203.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh cilantro leaves