Recipe by l0ve2c00k
This is my favorite stew. Back home it is served with grainy, yummy white rice.
Top Review by COOKtm
Simple, easy and oh my, so delicious! I did however not wait for the meat to cook for an hour, I simply cooked all ingredients together and I did not add the carrots or corn because I wanted to use with another dish. Definitely next time I will add them. This was so good, really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs trimmed beef top round steak, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup sofrito sauce (or to taste)
- 6 fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cups water (or more)
- 1 beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, cut into rounds
- 1⁄2 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 stalks celery, cut into rounds
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large caldero or pot, heat oil, add sofrito and culantro leaves.
- Add meat and stir constantly, cook until meat looses red color. Add water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery and salt.
- Cook for about 2 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning. Boil uncover to thicken sauce.
- Note: if more seasoning is needed you can add Adobo to taste.
- Serve with white rice.