1/1 Photo of Puerto Rican Arroz Con Leche (Rice With Milk)
In Puerto Rico this recipe is simply a rice soup made with milk. Usually made for babies, children, or when someone has a bad stomach. It is a comfort food. In other Latin American countries 'Arroz con leche' might be a dessert made with sugar and cinnamon. Our rice dessert is called Arroz con dulce made with coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin to boil the water, add the rice already wash and drained.
- 2Cook for 15 minutes without stirring it. Add the salt, milk and butter and leave it to boil.
- 3Lower the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- 4Take it off the burner. If you prefer it more milky, add more milk.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerto Rican Arroz Con Leche (Rice With Milk)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.9
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 651.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g