This dish is served at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Sacramento, I tweaked the ingredients at home until I got it right. You will love this dish for its simplicity, and its complexity all in one. Serve it with sauteed fresh spinach and mashed potatoes. This is awesome, yet simple and not spicy. Feel free to kick it up a notch with some Habaneros, chipotles, or cayenne pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour boiling water over the dried Ancho peppers and let sit for about 20 minutes, until they are soft.
- 2Remove all the seeds, and pull the'veins' off of the inside walls of the chiles.
- 3Put the chiles in a blender with 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, the cinnamon, and the garlic.
- 4Puree until smooth.
- 5This should be rather thick, but still fluid.
- 6Add a dab more chicken broth if necessary.
- 7Preheat oven to 450°F Sear the filets in 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy, oven proof skillet, on high heat until browned.
- 8Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 9Add the remaining chicken broth to the pan (1 1/2 cups), and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom.
- 10Bring to a boil and then add the contents of the blender.
- 11Return to boil and then add the filets and put the skillet in the oven and roast for about 8 to 12 minutes until internal temperature is 170°.
- 12Remove filets from the skillet and slice into medallions.
- 13Spoon the sauce over the filets and top with the roasted sesame seeds to serve.
- 14Can also be topped with a dab of fresh cilantro, or parsley.
- 15The sauce can be thickened with a roux if it is too thin.
- 16The sauce is good as a gravy for the mashed potatoes too!
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puerco Puebla ( Pork As It is Made in Puebla, Mexico)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 331.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 33.5 g