Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an original recipe from Puelo's Italian Restaurant in Knoxville, TN. It was finally given out to our newspaper after tons of patrons begged for it. I have not tasted this yet, but judging by their other meals I've had this is sure to be a winner!
- 4 cups loosely packed Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons caramelized pecans
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbles (blue cheese)
- 3 slices granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon alfalfa sprout
- 2 tablespoons strawberry ginger salad dressing
- 6 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons gulden's mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup strawberry puree
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Combine salad ingredients together in a salad bowl and top with dressing.
- For dressing:.
- In bowl combine ginger, mustard, honey, pepper, salt and Mrs. Dash, whisking well. Slowly add rice and white balsamic vinegars. Add strawberry puree and whip well. Add oil and whip well.
- Pour in blender and mix until desired thickness. Store in fridge.
- Makes 3 1/2 cups.