Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an original recipe from Puelo's Italian Restaurant in Knoxville, TN. It was finally given out to our newspaper after tons of patrons begged for it. I have not tasted this yet, but judging by their other meals I've had this is sure to be a winner!
- 4 cups loosely packed Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons caramelized pecans
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbles (blue cheese)
- 3 slices granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon alfalfa sprout
- 2 tablespoons strawberry ginger salad dressing
- 6 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons gulden's mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup strawberry puree
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Combine salad ingredients together in a salad bowl and top with dressing.
- For dressing:.
- In bowl combine ginger, mustard, honey, pepper, salt and Mrs. Dash, whisking well. Slowly add rice and white balsamic vinegars. Add strawberry puree and whip well. Add oil and whip well.
- Pour in blender and mix until desired thickness. Store in fridge.
- Makes 3 1/2 cups.