Burgundy Damsel's Note:
From "The Great Big Butter Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 14 ounces chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups small red potatoes, diced
- 2 cups corn
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 2 cups crabmeat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1In a Dutch oven set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic, saute for 4 to 5 minutes until softened and golden. Stir in the bell pepper, stock, water, cumin and chipolte. Bring to a boil, then stir in potatoes. Adjust the heat to maintain a gentle boil, cover and cook for 5 minute.
- 2Stir in the corn kernals and cover, simmering for 10 min or until the potatoes are tender.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the half and half and cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Slowly stir into the soup and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and stir in Pepper Jack cheese, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- 4Stir in crabmeat and cilantro and heat through for several minutes. Garnish individual servings with fresh cilantro and serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pueblo Pepper Jack Corn and Crab Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.8
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 376.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: